Profound.js modules are units of code that you can either call directly or call from another module.
The files should be placed within a subdirectory of the modules directory within your Profound.js installation. These subdirectories can represent Workspaces in Profound.js.
When used on IBM i, subdirectories of modules map to IBM i libraries. The pathlist or the IBM i library list searches these subdirectories.
Once a module is created, it can be called one of several ways:
- As a workspace start file
- As configured workspace route
- Directly as an initial module through a URL alias
- By another module using the pjs.call() API
- As a Web Service using the profoundjs.express() API
- Using the PJSCALL command from an interactive Genie session
- Using a Proxy Program from an interactive Genie session