TinyMCE is a popular open source text editor for web browsers, useful for comments, notes, or any other free-form text entry:
To use the example:
- Download a copy of TinyMCE ZIP archive from the download site here. Extract the 'tinymce' directory and place in HTTP server document root directory (default /www/profoundui/htdocs) on the IFS. This example was tested with TinyMCE version 4.1.7.
- Download the example save file here. Transfer to your system and restore the TINYMCE library. This contains the Rich Display File and RPG source code.
- Download the example script here. Place this in your HTTP server DOCUMENT_ROOT/profoundui/userdata/custom directory, or any sub-directory. This file contains calls that are used in the Rich Display File source member TINYMCED. See the "onload" and "onsubmit" events:
- The 'createEditor()' function call accepts the id of the text area widget.
- Call the CL program TINYMCE/TINYMCEC to start the example. This can be called from an anonymous or authenticated Rich Display File application session, or from Genie.
- The example program saves the editor output into a database file TINYMCE/TINYMCEP. The text is stored in Unicode (UTF-16), to support all possible characters.
- The same "onload" and "onsubmit" calls can be used to integrate a TinyMCE editor into any Rich Display File screen.