A user's permission to view an Atrium navigation/menu item is determined in the following order:
- Public. If no subsequent rule overrides it, then the public rule determines permission. There is an error if no public permissions record exists for a menu item. Based on this record, allowed state is set.
- Primary group permission. If no subsequent rule overrides it, then a user's primary group rule determines permission.
- Supplemental groups*. Can be overridden by user-level permission.
- If any one of a user's supplemental groups is permitted and none are denied, then the user is permitted.
- If any group is denied, then the user is not permitted.
- If rules for the navigation item match none of the supplemental groups, then the supplemental groups have no effect on permission.
- User permission. If there is a rule allowing or denying a user on a navigation item, then that rule sets permission, regardless of rules for public, group, or supplementary groups.
*Supplemental groups became available with Profound UI Version 5, Fix Pack 2.0.