Atrium.onlaunch() is a function that may be defined to run when a "launch item" action happens. The parameter is an object containing the following fields:
- url: a string containing the URL being launched.
- newWindow: a boolean. True when the URL should be opened in a new browser window. False when it should be opening in a new atrium tab.
- text: A string containing text from the launched action.
- itemId: a string containing the Atrium ID attribute from the launched action.
- firstTab: a boolean. True when the new Atrium tab being launched should be the first tab. False when the new tab should be the last tab.
- closable: a boolean. True when the user should be able to close the new tab*. False otherwise.
A user-defined Atrium.onlaunch() function may be used to detect when an item is being launched. Alternately, it may be used to override the default Atrium behavior of creating a new tab or opening a new browser window.
If the user-defined function returns false, then Atrium does not create a new tab or open a browser window. If Atrium.onlaunch() doesn't return false, then a new tab is created or a browser window is opened after it returns.
*The closable argument can override how Atrium creates tabs. Changing the argument to false can prevent the [x] close-link from appearing on a tab. However, there are situations where preventing users from closing tabs would leave them no way to close the tab: macro errors, or other errors where pui.shutdown isn't called in the Rich Display session. For alternatives to preventing a tab from being closed, see Atrium.promptCloseTab and Atrium.promptCloseBrowser. There are also Atrium.launchURL or Atrium.launchItem, which accept a "closeable" parameter.
(In Profound Version 5, Fix Pack 8.0, closable can override the default Atrium behavior.)
If your instance name is "profoundui", create a new file on your IFS: /profoundui/userdata/extension/atrium/settings.js
Define the function like in the following example.
Note: Without a return statement the example function returns undefined, so Atrium will draw a new tab or open a browser window.
Example - Prevent closing Default Home Page
This example shows how to prevent the "Default Home Page" tab from getting a close-link.